PURPOSE IS THE NEW PROFITABLE
In 2010 Unilever announced its Sustainable Living strategy, to integrate social and environmental purpose-led goals into its growth plan. By the end of 2015, these purpose-led brands were delivering 50% of its growth and were growing twice as fast as their other brands.
In Deloitte's 2016 Millennials report, this critical group stay much longer with organisations who demonstrate a strong sense of purpose beyond financial success.
Global research consistently shows that people with purpose are likely to outlive their peers.
Whichever way you look at it: ORGANISATIONALLY, INDIVIDUALLY OR FOR EMPLOYEES:
PURPOSE IS THE NEW PROFITABLE
HOW CAN YOU DISCOVER AND ACTIVATE PURPOSE IN YOUR ORGANISATION?
Activating Purpose for Business Masterclass is an intensive one day workshop to help businesses maximise the potential for activating purpose within their enterprise. It is designed to help you bring together business and brand strategy, CSR programmes, the employer brand and stakeholder engagement into one cohesive vision.
It increases an organisation's capabilities to identify opportunities, generate new value and advantage, and capture the benefits of becoming purpose-led. It facilitates strategic understanding, visionary thinking, and creative execution in developing new revenue streams, new communications initiatives and new product development.
During this interactive and inspiring one-day program, participants will gain understanding of the essential components of how to reshape your organisation around a purposeful vision and mission, how to align products, services and culture, and most importantly, how to allow the strategy to emerge through you and your stakeholders so that there is embedded commitment and ownership of the future direction of your business.
HOW CAN ACTIVATING PURPOSE ACCELERATE YOUR BUSINESS?
- Galvanises employee engagement around a cohesive vision
- Helps your brand become a magnet for purpose-led Millennials - as customers and employees
- Demonstrates global vision and leadership beyond purely profit
- Creates palpable energy, drive and momentum in your communications
- Supports collaboration and teamwork
- Differentiates your brand and drives increased growth and profitability
- Supports the future of people and planet
ACTIVATING PURPOSE MASTERCLASS CONTENT
In this interactive workshop we will look at the essential components of activating both individual, team and organisational PURPOSE. We will understand where our sense of purpose comes from, and how everyone can activate their own individual, purposeful leadership.
We will examine illustrative cases of successful purpose-led businesses, look at some of the latest tools and techniques for intentional and intuitive research, and learn using proven practices for more effective engagement and communication.
We will work on your actual challenges which will allow us to consider how to generate innovative, environmental and socially responsible ways of forging a purpose-led future inside individual businesses.
You’ll leave with practical skills and confidence to:
- Start the process of examining how Purpose could transform your organisation
- Co-creatively explore the opportunities for Purpose to emerge together with your employees
- Understand how a purpose-led vision can be integrated across business and brand strategy
- Understand how to initiate intentional and intuitive research to support your purpose process
- Get your entire purpose-led strategy on a single page: Purpose On A Page
- Consider intuitive emergent tools and techniques like Theory U, Art of Hosting, Swarm, Scrums, Appreciative Inquiry to facilitate engagement
WHO IS THIS MASTERCLASS FOR?
- Business owners and founders of SMEs and startups who want to explore the potential of purpose-led business for growth
- Brand and Marketing Directors and Managers who want to gain new insights, tools and techniques to support their shift towards purpose-led business
- Sustainability & CSR practitioners and managers who need more insights, tools and techniques to integrate their work throughout the business
- HR leaders who see the potential for purpose-led business to attract and retain key talent
- Purpose-led organisations (social or environmental) who have yet to fully integrated purpose across their business and need more support and fresh insights
- Not-for-profit organisations who are yet to fully activate purpose across the organisation's stakeholder groups
- Aspiring purposeful entrepreneurs who want to gain insights, tools and techniques to help turn their idea into reality
YOUR PURPOSEFUL HOSTS
Jenny Andersson is an experienced brand and communications strategist, who specialises in aligning purpose, values and meaning in organisations looking to have a positive social and environmental impact on the future of people and planet.
She has produced both ground-breaking creative campaigns for global organisations such as Virgin, Levi Strauss, Patagonia, Timberland, and Unilever. She is a natural dot-joiner and creative thinker, and equally at home supporting startups and SMEs to find creative solutions to critical business problems.
Jenny holds an MBA from London Business School, MSc in Psychology, is an experienced user of Theory U, The Map of Meaning, Art of Hosting, works with organisations implementing agile, self-management (teal) systems and is a student of biomimicry.
Tracey specialises in coaching individuals and teams in emotional intelligence, diversity and creativity. Following a successful career in leadership roles within sales and marketing Tracey has a wealth of experience working across a diverse range of roles and sectors with managers and individuals at all levels. Tracey is an established artist and creative thinker that is able to take a holistic view to help clients formulate clear strategies and execute plans that achieve results..
In 2007 after 19 years of working in Senior Management roles for Cadbury Trebor Basset, Tracey made the decision to return to the classroom and retrain. By 2013 she had achieved a 1st class hons degree, an MA and completed her studies by achieving a distinction in Executive Coaching at Henley Business school.
HOW TO BOOK A WORKSHOP
If you would like to run an Activating Purpose workshop inside your organisation, please contact either Jenny or Tracey at either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org directly. We would be pleased to discuss a customised programme for you.
If you would like to discuss consultancy support activating purpose, ditto!
If you are an individual who would like to attend an open Activating Purpose one day workshop, please see below for upcoming workshops in your area.